Recover from this error in ccmsetup.log by doing the following:
- Uninstall the client.
- Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
- Delete the CCM, ccmsetup and ccmcache folders from %WinDir%.
- Rename \System32\webm\repository folder to OLDrepository.
- Start the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
- Install the SCCM client again, via command-line or SCCM push.
- Check ccmsetup.log to see if it kicks off, and finishes with an exit error 0 status.
Thanks goes to James Avery at Catapult Systems for this solution.